Chicken Garlic Pizza



Sauce
2 tablespoons butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped sweet onion
1/2 teaspoon dried basil

1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
Pizza crust dough

Saute chicken breast over medium heat, then cut into strips. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter with garlic, onion and basil. Cook for 2-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour into a dish to cool, and refrigerate until set. Preheat the oven to 475° F .

Roll out the pizza dough, place onto a pizza pan or other baking sheet that has been sprinkled with cornmeal, and spread a thin layer of herb butter over the surface using the back of a spoon. Arrange cheese, chicken and tomatoes on top. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until crust is browned and center is cooked through.

*****
I still remember what Papa John’s cheesy breadstick pizza tastes like and oh how I miss it! I loved the garlic buttery sauce and have been searching for a way to make my own. I tried several attempts over the years and have always been disappointed with the texture or flavor- until I found this recipe. THIS IS IT! I love, love, love it! I could honestly eat this every day for the next six months because I’m so happy to have found a way to curve my craving for Papa John’s! The sauce is a perfect blend of butter and garlic with a mild hint of onion. The basil is different from Papa John’s but is a perfect addition.

Store extra herb butter in the refrigerator and use as spread over steamed vegetables later in the week. A mixture of cauliflower, broccoli and carrots with a small dollop of the butter is heavenly. Recipe inspired from www.familyoven.com.

1 comment:

Heidi Hillman said...

We tried this for our traditional pizza night on Friday. Delicious! All four of us solid-food eaters loved it! It's definitely going into our meal rotation.