Denny's Fabulous French Toast


4 eggs
2/3 cup whole milk
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
6-8 slices of bread

Whisk together eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon in large bowl. Heat a large skillet over med/low heat. Drop each bread slice into the batter for about 30 seconds per side. Let some of the batter drip off and place in pan. Cook each piece 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Repeat with the rest of the bread. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and syrup.

*****
I LOVE french toast. I enjoy just about every version of french toast out there, however my husband silently groans when I make them. But a few months ago he was hungry enough he tried these and has finally converted! He loves this recipe, he even eats them for a snack and tonight he told me to leave a few out of the freezer so he could have some instead of dessert!

Original recipe from the Top Secret Recipes website and featured on Taste The Joy by Adrienne.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This tastes great! My family loves this recipe.