Peanut Butter Crunchy Balls




Peanut Butter Crunchy Balls
http://savoryseasonings.blogspot.com/

2 cups peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 powdered sugar (can be reduced)
1 1/2 cups cereal, crushed

Combine peanut butter, honey and powdered sugar. Blend with an electric mixer until smooth.

Measure 1 1/2 cups cereal, then crush*. Add crushed cereal and mix until smooth and soft.

Roll into balls**, then store in the fridge.

*I use a coffee/spice grinder to quickly grind the cereal into a smooth powder but this step can also be done by placing the cereal in a zip lock bag and rolling over the cereal with a rolling pin.

**I use a very small cookie scoop to divide the dough, then roll into balls. If you don’t have a small cookie scoop, you can divide the dough into small balls with a spoon.

*****
This is such a simple recipe I haven’t posted it. But after a dozen or so requests for this favorite kids snack I decided to post it. It’s my daughters favorite snack and it quickly becomes her friends favorite snacks when they come over. My husband also enjoys taking a few of these to work to use as a quick protein snack between meals. I use multi-grain Cheerios when I make a batch for my daughter and husband. If I want to eat them also, then I use Strawberry Fields cereal and remove the freeze dried strawberries and raspberries before crushing the cereal. With my daughters allergy to milk, soy and eggs- getting enough protein each day has been a constant battle. For awhile I would also blend in 1/8 cup of rice protein powder to the dough to add a little more protein.

This is also a fun project to work on with kids. My daughter helps dump the ingredients into the mixing bowl. Once the dough is mixed, she helps scoop the dough and roll into balls. Her balls mostly get eaten in the process but she loves to help.

No comments: