Grilled muenster Cheese Sandwich



Grilled muenster Cheese Sandwich
http://savoryseasonings.blogspot.com/

2 slices of bread
1 slice Muenster* cheese
Sliced tomatoes
Fresh ground black pepper
Mustard
Butter

Preheat skillet over medium heat. Generously butter one side of a slice of bread. Place bread butter-side-down onto skillet and add 1 slice of cheese, sliced tomatoes, pepper and mustard. Butter a second slice of bread on one side and place butter-side-up on top of sandwich. Grill until lightly browned and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted.

*I use the Muenster cheese at our Kroger deli and at Costco and have no reactions to either brand.

*****
I’m laughing at myself that I’m actually writing this down so I don’t forget a great grilled sandwich. But life gets busy, you start menu planning for the month and some classics like grilled cheese get forgotten. I have recently found a brand of mustard I can eat- just the Kroger store brand mustard. Who knew??? I’ve been living my life mustard free for the past 15 years without realizing there was a mustard out there that I can eat! I’m in heaven and topping everything I can find with this wonderful yellow spread. I didn’t even like mustard growing up, but our time apart has fostered a relationship. I love the flavor it adds and can’t wait to keep experimenting.

3 comments:

Tycksen Family said...

Sounds yummy. We love Grilled cheese and it is always an easy fix on busy days. I am so happy you can eat mustard. I am even more excited to try this version. THanks for sharing.

Tasha said...

I came across your amazing blog a couple of months ago. It has provided me with lots of ideas for eating healthy. Thanks! What I am wondering is how did you find out this about your body not being able to handle the MSG? We eat fairly healthy and rarely eat out. BUT when we do eat out I have noticed now for a year that my body goes into this funk-bad headache, heart races and I feel nauseous for hours. Just curious if that sounds like something you experienced. I would love to learn more about how you came to understand this was going on with your body. Thanks for any advice!

Emily said...

Hi Tasha,

It's good to hear from you.

Here is a link to my MSG story, it started back when I was 17 years old:
http://www.msgmyth.com/discus/messages/1557/2057.html?1256917616

The MSGMyth website is a great forum with years of archived data. Have you been over there yet?

Thanks, Emily