Hamburger Buns


Easy Hamburger Buns
http://savoryseasonings.blogspot.com/

1 TBSP dry active yeast
2 1/2 cups warm water
2 TBSP sugar
1 TBSP salt
5 TBSP oil
6-7 cups all purpose flour

Dissolve yeast in warm water, let it stand until foamy. Combine yeast mixture with sugar, salt, oil and flour. Let stand for 10 minutes, then mix for 8 minutes. Allow dough rise until double in size.

I like to make sure they are consistent in size, so I use a food scale. For a nice large bun, I portion 3.5 oz balls of dough, then 2 oz. for a child size hamburger. Form into a nice ball as if you were making rolls and place on a baking sheet. Then smash the rolls down with the palm of your hand. They may spring back up, so wait a few minute then smash them again. Cover with greased plastic wrap and allow them to rise for about an hour.

Bake at 350 F for 18-20 minutes (20 minutes is perfect in my oven). This recipe makes approximately (15) 3.5 oz. buns.

*****
These are soft, fluffy and perfect for hamburgers. I’ve tried several hamburger bun recipes and finally found this winner of a recipe. Thanks to my friend Kristen and Backyard Farming for this fantastic recipe!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I just found your blog and love it. We just found out that our daughter has a milk and soy allergy, and I have been trying to find good recipes. Thanks for some great ideas!