Ranch Burgers


Ranch Burgers
http://savoryseasonings.blogspot.com/

1 LB ground beef
1 TBSP Ranch dressing mix (dry)
Caramelized onions, finely chopped (optional)
Hamburger Buns

Preheat the grill for high heat. In a bowl, mix the ground beef, ranch dressing mix, and onion. Form into hamburger patties. Place patties on the grill, and cook until 90% done, then flip and cook until well done.

Steps that can be completed ahead of time: Premix Ranch Dressing mix. Precook caramelized onions and store in the freezer. Earlier in the day, spices and onions can be mixed into the ground beef and left to marinade in the fridge. Hamburger toppings such as tomatoes, lettuce and cheese can be sliced a few days prior. Hamburger buns can be made and frozen up to 2 months.

*****
This season has included my first attempts at making a great Hamburger. I had never been a big fan of ground beef until I started purchasing local grass fed beef and found the flavor is wonderful. I had no idea it would make such a difference! So now that I have a 1/4 of cow from Utah Natural Meat in my freezer I’m on a quest to find the perfect burger. We’ve made a few attempts and so far this one is the winner. I love caramelized onions and having them mixed into the beef merge the flavors well. The Ranch dressing mix has a perfect balance of spices that make it easy to enhance the flavor of the burger.

Recipe adapted from All Recipes.com.

1 comment:

Paul (GetMeCooking) said...

A simple burger with a few good quality ingredients - that's how burgers should be!